Monday, April 9, 2012

Latest work




Hi everybody!

I hope you all had a lovely Easter.

Well - I have been working on this painting of the felled tree over the weekend.
The tree had been lying out in the open for a long time and had become quite weathered.
It was very intense working on it and I had a few "aargh" moments when it just wouldn't 
go right for me. All of you who are artists will know exactly what I mean! The frustration
made me want to give up at times as I assessed and re-assessed the work and finally
I reached what I wanted to say with it. Personally, I find that as I go deeper into a painting,
I can get so involved with the textures and colour that I get "lost" in it and it can become 
quite abstract. I stop for a break and come back to it with fresh eyes and I sometimes find
that it has gone totally off the original concept! Now, this can be a good thing at times when
it can then become something else, another vision in my mind. But if I want it to remain as 
the original idea, I often have to re-work the whole painting a few times. it can become very
intense. I used watercolour, acrylic,paper,texture gel,coloured pencils and inks in this piece.
It is now at a stage where I am finished.

It is called "Slain"/section of weathered dead tree.
I hope you like it!

Eileen (:o)


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your latest Piece "Slain" Eileen!! You have once again captured the texture so well that i want to touch the piece. Congrats! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it eileen....so much detail in that piece that i can't imagine it ever finishing exactly as intended but fantastic to look at and appreciate and it will look great on the wall for sure ;-)
    Paul xx

    ReplyDelete