Saturday, April 7, 2012

Today's work

Hi everybody!
Today I am working hard on one of my latest pieces on the bark series. It is a felled tree whose bark is so  beautiful, even though it is dried out and has been out in the elements for quite a while and has gone dry and bright! I usually have approximately 4 - 5 pieces of work going at the same time. I put the initial concept of what I want to do on each one, down on the canvas, board etc.,  and then one by one I go back and work on a particular one until its finished.
As I start to work, I usually have soft music going in the background or if i am working on a stronger, larger piece I will have some energetic music on - mood also plays a part in it though! When I start working on the painting, a point comes when I am totally immersed in what I am doing and the awareness of my surroundings is gone and I am fully in the work! I love this part!  When I reach a part when I need a break, i then go and have one before I go back to it again, which is what I am doing now!
When the piece is finished I will put it up for you all to see.
In the meantime, I want to wish you all a very happy Easter!

Eileen(:o)


No comments:

Post a Comment