Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"My second trip to Berlin, Aug 2011"

Hi everyone! 
I want to share with you today, my second visit to Berlin in August/September last year, 2011.

I only went for 4 days this time and I went to see my son Glenn's mural that he had been commissioned to do, along with other artists to put up a mural each on the entrance archway to the Fellini art gallery in Berlin.  I wanted to be there for the preview show of the opening of the exhibition which had many artists and the muralists combined. 

Glenn had been working on this mural for quite a while and had sent several updates every few days and it was such a feat as it is all done in coloured pencils! And when you think that whatever about doing a drawing this size on paper but this was on a stone wall  and so amazing and he certainly used up many, many pencils! 

Per usual, I was nervous going off over, flying on my own but I made it ok and Glenn met me per usual. He had moved address from the previous time so he showed me around the new area, the weather being good, it was lovely.

The mural was fantastic! I love the 'eye' part in particular, very striking and mysterious! Also loved the butterfly. And the colours were so rich!
His fellow-muralists all had stunning work also and I am putting up photos of most of them for you to enjoy.





















We had a lovely opening night and a small group of us went off afterwards around Berlin to a music venue beside the River Spree which had a man made beachfront and it was really lovely to lounge around in the sand and listen to the music late at night by candlelight, lamplight etc.,
We also went to a small club/pub and had some food and a few games of pool!! That was great fun!
I hadn't much time this time to do very much as it was only really 3 days there. I will put up another few random photos of my trip here.






















Over all, I enjoyed my second tripto Berlin - and that one will probably be my last as Glenn and the lovely Aiva are moving to the UK shortly to Brighton and I wish them both the best of luck and hope they will enjoy it!

But of course, that means I will be visiting there next and will have another story to tell when I do!

Eileen (:o)

1 comment:

  1. GREAT Blog Eileen! We had a great but short time when you were over. The pictures are lovely and you will certainly be over to me in Brighton when we settle in. :) x

    ReplyDelete